Sunday, February 14, 2010

About the Droid

So my time with the Motorola Droid is coming to an end. I am thankful for that. I know its the latest and greatest, but I really wasn't a fan. This may be the first time i don't appreciate the newest technology.

Don't get me wrong. There were some really cool features about it. The coolest thing I liked was that I could search online and download a picture, then send that picture in a message.

Here are the problems I had with it. Some greater than others.

The biggest thing was that every so often, all of my text message conversations would disappear. It was frustrating when I would have information saved in them like phone numbers or addresses.

When I transferred my contacts from my blackberry to the droid, a lot of the phone numbers were listed under home instead of mobile. You can't make a new message and type in their name unless they have a mobile number listed for their contact. I would have either had to change everyone's number to mobile or what I ended up doing was going to their contact, then sending a message. Just annoying.

It would often crash.

I couldn't send mass texts. Maybe I could have found and paid for an app for it, but that's just silly. I think they forgot that it was actually a phone.

There really were a lot of cool apps. I could play NES emulators or any number of card games. If I wanted a gaming system though, I could use a PSP. I like having keys to press. I like being able to turn the phone off with a key instead of touchscreen so that when it crashes, I can turn it off.

The last thing that really bugged me is the battery cover. It would always come off in my pocket. For anyone who saw me often, that is why I went without a cover for a while.

All I'm saying is it will be very nice to get a Tour back. I think I may be a converted blackberry user for life.

No comments:

Post a Comment