Thursday, August 27, 2009

Pre School Weekend

A few weeks ago, a friend from Goodyear invited me to go tubing with him down the Salt River. I guess there was some kind of a party going on that weekend. It was the weekend right before school, so I decided to enlist the help of the ASU facebook application. I sent out a whole lot of messages to my future classmates inviting them to join us on the river. By that week, there were 16 people from Tempe planning on going down the river. I had 3 cars coming down to help get everyone up there since most were freshmen like myself, but didn’t have vehicles. That Friday, there was a pretty big storm, and the weather was forecasted to be poor Saturday as well. People started bailing. Saturday morning came and was beautiful all day! I decided to listen to some music and walk around campus for a while. Around lunchtime, my friend Dayton called. Dayton is for sure the first friend I met in Tempe. Super cool dude, and if you ever meet him, consider yourselves lucky. We got some stuff squared away at MCC and then ate at Ted’s Hot Dogs. AMAZING! I don’t even like hot dogs, but I like those. We were considering going to see Inglorious Basterds, but he told me his roomie was going cliff jumping and invited me to go. I ran home (by ran I mean drove quickly) and grabbed some shorts. On the way there, we were rockin out to some Rage Against the Machine with the windows down. We could see the purple clouds and flashes of light right where we were heading. Everyone on that road was trying to get out of there while we were driving to it. After parking, we had a small hike into the cliff and met another group there. Their dog, and the dog with us didn’t get along so well, so they decided to move down to a different swimming hole. I think we were there for half an hour or an hour and then the rain started coming down. While I was on the cliff, wet, with the wind blowing, I was freezing, but when I jumped down into the water, it was amazingly warm. On a side note, a while ago, I bought a “waterproof” video camera. It actually worked. I really was expecting it to leak in and get destroyed, so it was wonderful that we could get some footage of the jumps. Even got some shots of jumps into the water. The drive back home was pouring. Not even ten minutes after we started driving, it was bright and sunny again. I’m glad we got to go jumping or I would have been upset that we didn’t go tubing on such a beautiful day. That Sunday, I went to go visit my Mom and little brother on the other side of town. I brought the video camera and Brock with me. Matthew, the brother, took the camera right away and started playing around with it. Brock chases people in the water, so when you go under, he’ll just circle you. Matthew had too much fun filming it. Later that day, I played fetch with him. Him being Brock, not Matthew, though I’m sure I could get Matthew to play fetch as well. I love that dog so much. He’s my baby. Only 5 months old, so he’s kicking my butt right now. So, anyway, about the video, I threw some of the clips from the weekend with some music and that’s what you get, the drive, cliff jumping, and Brock swimming and playing fetch, all with the waterproof camera.


1 comment:

  1. hey drew.
    i am now a true follower of your blog.
    glad we are buds.
    can we please eat lunch together in institute building? sushi? haha..

    Kellie

    ReplyDelete