Friday, September 11, 2009

The life v. 2

Today has been kind of weird. I went to a party last night after our initiation for Pi Kapp and as I didn't leave there until 2, I decided not to try and sleep for 3 hours. I just sat on the couch. Might have drifted a couple times, but I was sitting up the entire time, and I know I was awake for most of that stretch. I took Brock to the park again at 5, and we were the first ones there. I think 4 showed up eventually. I worked on some MATLAB stuff while he played. MATLAB for those who do not know is a program to make scripts and programs. I think anyway. I'm just learning it. We had to go back around 630 so that I could make it to school in time to print some stuff off and get to class. I made it there in time, did the class, then went straight from there to the institute building and started writing more for my english class. I had critiqued my peers' essays, but I didn't actually read the assignment prior to that, and when I did, I realized it had to be 250 word minimum critiques. Not too big of a deal, but I was low on time. Turned out, I got those submitted with 10 minutes to spare, then high tailed it over to the classroom. I think I'm getting better at using blackboard because I did it without any flaws this morning. Once the 30 minutes of English was over, I had to take an online exam for philosophy. A guy in my class was kind enough to give me a copy of his notes as mine were on my mac. Even with those though, I did much worse than I had hoped. I think it was the Venn diagrams that kicked my butt. That was the last academic thing I had for the day, so I went over to help clean up Parker's place. When I got there I asked what he wanted me to start on and he said just go where it needs work. I got the bathroom done first. I'm pretty sure it hadn't been cleaned for a while, but it looks nice now. I definitely felt like a pledge in a fraternity. Back to being a private, scrubbing the floors and walls with a toothbrush. Thats not just a saying either. Once Terrence, Matt, and myself had finished that up, I just went back to campus to wander around for a little while. We had a Time Capsule meeting at 4. I guess our sites are going live tomorrow. As of right now, the only people that know about them are the ones we've told. Maybe I'll make business cards and hand them out. I truly believe that the more people I have with feedback, the easier it will be to write more. Plus, its nice writing while I'm at the parks. Right before the meeting started, a possible job came onto the horizon. Since my very first job, I have not worked for a non corporate company. With a little luck, I could be a waiter for a “mom and pop” place. Cross your collective fingers. I got home as fast as I could after the meeting and picked up Brock for another round at the dog park. He hasn't really played with anyone tonight, but there were over 15 dogs in the run at one point. We've been here for a while, so maybe he's tired. Right now he's starting to warm up to some of them and run around. Its pretty interesting. Most of these people here know each other and know each other's dogs. I was here before they all showed up, but They all sat on one end of the run and I'm on the other. Brock has been staying over on my side, so maybe thats why he hasn't been as social tonight. Because I haven't. Maybe we'll see tomorrow, depending on what time I get done with duty. This weekend is drill weekend, so I'll let ya'll know how it goes.

Tangent for today. Its September 11th. My Dad's birthday, and the day of the twin towers attack. I didn't expect people to really remember forever, but I would imagine it didn't even cross people's minds today. To be completely honest, I saw a flag at half mast today, and didn't know immediately what it was for. Just a little side thought on how short our memories really are.

No comments:

Post a Comment